Everyday Mama of 2

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday at the Park

Yesterday Jim, Emma Kate, and I took advantage of the beautiful sunny weather we had this  past weekend. It was great...I just loved being able to feel the warmth of the sun after weeks of the "shivering cold". I have never been so cold in my life as I have been these past few previous weeks! We went to a park in Tulsa that was a new experience and I am not sure, but think it was called Woodward Park. I'll get back to you on that! I can't wait to go back when the flowers are in bloom. There were rose gardens and such all over the place! That's where I'm thinking we will have to go for Easter pictures if timing of the arrival of our new baby will allow it! The houses in that area of downtown Tulsa and surrounding the park were just too cute. They definitely reminded me of those in downtown Oxford, MS. For those of you who know me well, you know Oxford sets the gold standard as far as I am concerned! Emma Kate had a blast taking advantage of the running space and watching the puppies walk by. She was too funny because she fell down a few times and wasn't worried at all about the leaves all over her jacket, skirt, and the scuff marks on her knees. She wanted to be sure and ask her Barney "You okay, Barney?" and brushed the leaves off of him as quick as possible. Here are some pics from Sunday afternoon:
As you can see, we clearly had a blast and Emma Kate loved collecting the gumballs! Also, came across this tree in the arboretum called a Witch Hazel tree and boy did it have the most wonderful fragrance.

1 comment:

What do you think?