Friday, September 9, 2011
Facebook Detox
This "No Face book" thing has been harder than I thought it would be! Now I know how important it really was that I delete it! I was spending much more time on face book than I needed to be with my 2 growing, precious children who need my full attention. I needed a serious reality check (most of these "friends" aren't even really my friends!) and to get my priorities in order. So it has been two days without face book now and I call it the face book detox, because it was really that much of a temptation for a few days (really, it was.) I have to say, my good friend Jenna was my inspiration. She deleted face book when she was studying for the USMLE and never looked back. My only way of getting in touch with her has been through text messages! So I thought, if she can do it, I can too! So adios face book and hello to all you friends who are really friends and care enough to read my blog. ;) Really I am doing this blog for myself and for little Jim and Emma Kate. Mostly as a way of keeping up with their milestones. Enjoy and I encourage you to do the same and delete face book too. You will be amazed at how much more you can get accomplished in a day when you aren't stuck in front of the computer or staring at your phone screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I've been tempted to delete my Facebook account as well. The main reason I haven't deleted it yet is because of my mom and dad. That's how they see pictures of Landon. Well, besides my blog. But, my mom usually forgets that I have a blog, haha.
ReplyDeleteAnd, like you said, most of them really aren't my "friends" on there. I've seriously thought about doing a major friend clean up on there. Delete the ones that aren't my friends and the ones I rarely ever talk to.
I'm so glad that you started back blogging again. I definitely missed it. :D
Just set it up where it she gets the blog in her email. That's what I did with all my family members.
ReplyDelete